Design Proposal + Competition
I was so amazed by the depth of creativity and innovation from the design proposals for the new and improved Flinders St Station that I just had to post about it. The competition to re-vamp one of Melbourne's most iconic and historical areas has reached it's final phase, with the six shortlisted competitors putting the final touches on their designs for judgement. For three months the six finalists from around the world have developed detailed plans for the historical landmark, and are now ready to be judged by the Australian and international public for the chance to take home the people's choice award.
I have so much appreciation for such innovative designers and their work, I'd have to say though, that finalists number 4 Ashton Raggatt McDougall have definitely won my vote with their sustainable and very green approach to design. Ashton Raggatt McDougall is an architectural firm native to Melbourne, who I think will have a very high chance of winning because of their awareness and familiarity with the iconic area. They, unlike the 5 remaining finalists, have also proposed to build a new school in the historical station which I find very extraordinary and a practical use of the area. Mainly though, I love the flow of their design and how they have incorporated modernity and sustainability but have also preserved the historical and iconic side of the design perfectly.
To see all of the wonderful designs, designers and to vote please visit this page and enjoy
G x
The designs above are for the Flinders St Station competition, they are the work of Ashton Raggatt McDougall. for more amazing work visit their website



No comments:
Post a Comment